How To Choose a Book
1. Don't judge by the cover alone.
2. Read the summary on the book.
3. Read the first paragraph in the book.
4. Find a favorite genre or book type.
5. Read a book series.
6. Choose a book by a well-known author.
7. Use the five-finger test.
8. Tell your librarian about some books you've enjoyed and ask for more suggestions.
9. Read a book that was made into a movie.
10. Ask your friends and teacher for suggestions.
We are excited to announce the arrival of Overdrive, a software that allows you to download eBooks and audiobooks onto any type of mobile device!
WHO: At this time, we will be providing logins only for students and faculty.
WHEN: Students will trained on this wonderful new resource in the next couple of weeks, and then will be able to start checking out eBooks. Students will use their normal, computer login to sign into Overdrive.
WHERE: To access Overdrive, go to Whitestone's library webpage, and click on the link for "Online Books".
HOW MANY: Patrons can check out up to 2 books for a 2 week period. EBooks will automatically return after 2 weeks, but students can turn them in earlier if they finish reading.
Click here for more information on how to download Overdrive onto your device to get started.
Favorite Books & Authors
Need some ideas for another book to read? Check out the links below for book trailers and booktalks that can give you another great read!